Senior Academic Administrative Officer, College of Business
The College of Business in Zayed University in Dubai Campus seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Academic Administrative Officer to provide professional and efficient services to the Dean/Director to support effective management, administration and delivery of college programs and services.
- Performs a variety of operational and administrative activities in support of the day-to-day functioning of college/department programs and services. Runs the Dean/Director’s Office. Acts as the college/department’s primary point of contact.
- Extensively interacts with internal and external institutions in a fully professional and service oriented manner ensuring that their information and business needs are met.
- Oversees and mentors the work of junior staff proving day-to-day supervision of tasks and progress of end-results
- Provide operational and administrative support to the college by introducing, updating and maintaining effective systems and procedures.
- Under general supervision of Dean/Director, provides advice to the faculty and students in support of effective functioning of the college and in line with university policy and procedures.
- Prepares meaningful and accurate reports or documentation to support the effectiveness of the College/Department, making recommendations for change and improvements.
- Designs and manages efficient work processes and tracking systems to enhance the effectiveness of the College/Department. Significantly coordinates with other functional areas to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Support’s Dean/Director in program planning and development.
- Interprets, monitors, and analyzes information regarding procedures and practices.
- Supports aspects of department/college budget and related information.
- Coordinates academic and/or staff personnel and administrative matters. Resolves problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals of the department.
- Conducts research, gathers and compiles data/information from multiple sources for preparation of reports, presentations and correspondence on behalf of the college/department.
- Performs any other tasks as required by Dean/Director or designate.
- Minimum of 5 years administrative support experience and Higher Diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience working in an administrative role with senior management, preferably in an educational institution.
- Highly computer literate.
- Advanced Microsoft office computer knowledge and skills.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English.
- Bilingual Arabic an added advantage.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills; employing diplomacy in all dealings and demonstrating cultural adaptability and flexibility
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.