Specialist, Pedagogical Innovation and Effectiveness
- Full Time
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that Zayed University continues to effectively implement innovative pedagogies within the academic units and does so in a manner which ensures effective teaching and learning practices.
Under the guidance from the Director, Center for Educational Innovation, and working closely with individual college faculty, course and program developers, departmental chairs and Deans, support, develop, and implement innovative and effective pedagogies to support teaching and learning across the university.
Key accountabilities include:
- Effectively work with colleges and faculty to support a variety of projects that improve and enhance teaching and learning.
- Develop effective communication and collaboration mechanisms among faculty members related to innovative pedagogies and effective teaching practices.
- Collaborate with Office of Educational Effectiveness to identify needs related to teaching and learning, assessment and curricula support across the institution.
- Lead and develop faculty development programs geared towards innovative pedagogies and related educational technologies with a focus on measuring success.
- Provide expert advice and training to faculty as they integrate innovative pedagogies and related educational technologies into their teaching.
Evaluation, assessment, and research
- Develop and conduct robust and rigorous evaluation research on the CEI’s impact on teaching practice and pedagogical effectiveness across the university.
- When appropriate, teaching responsibilities will be assigned.
- Engage in scholarly activities including presenting at International conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
DEGREE OF INDEPENDENCE/COMPLEXITY OF ENVIRONMENT:
- Coordinate the development and implementation of innovative pedagogies across the university. Help departments and individuals identify areas of pedagogical improvement and enhancement. Has authority and responsibility for development and implementation of various projects that enhance the teaching and learning environment at Zayed University. Is expected to develop budgets necessary to improve and enhance teaching and learning but seeks budgetary appropriate approvals.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS/IMPACT OF INTERACTIONS:
- Work closely with university faculty, administration, and other CEI staff in the development and implementation of projects aimed to enhance teaching and learning and the associated faculty development. Establishes effective relationships with faculty and academic leadership throughout the institution.
- Work effectively with Marketing and Publications to promote the CEI.
- Able to represent the university’s teaching and learning and faculty development initiatives to external audiences.
- Support and promote a culture shift amongst the faculty to encourage more open attitudes towards innovative and learner-centered pedagogies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with a PhD in a relevant field.
- A track record of success in developing and implementing innovative and effective pedagogical initiatives and related professional development at the tertiary level.
- A thorough knowledge of current developments in mobile learning, educational technology, curriculum development, faculty development, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and second language acquisition.
- Significant knowledge and ability to effectively share, discuss and apply theories, models and best practices in pedagogy, educational technologies, and change management in Higher Education.
- Fellowship of Higher Education Academy/Advance HE desirable.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Leadership & Project Management Accountability – Able to manage a project team and lead a diverse group towards a goal in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communication – Able to share information in an effective and collaborative manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Teaching Excellence- Models innovative pedagogical practices and faculty development processes.
- Customer & Service Focused - Demonstrates outstanding service excellence with a focus on meeting the needs of the faculty and administration.
- Results & Action Orientation - Demonstrates initiative to generate improvements in teaching and learning and innovative pedagogical practices.
- Builds Effective Interpersonal Relationships – Demonstrates the ability to create strong relationships within the CEI, members of faculty and administration, CSD, Marketing and Publications, and with external audiences.
- Knowledge & Technical Competency - Demonstrates knowledge of mobile learning developments and pedagogies and proficiency in the technical aspects of mobile learning and related educational technologies.
- Statements in this document are intended to reflect, in general, the role and responsibilities of the position and are not to be interpreted as totally inclusive.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.