Human Resources, People Partner
Application closing date 22/09/2019
Faculty / School or Service People Team (formerly Human Resources)
Salary £38,467 - £54,772 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Professional Services
People are taking notice of Coventry University. We've rapidly moved up the league tables and grown to become one of the UK's biggest and most dynamic higher education institutions, and - for 2019 - we're the Times and Sunday Times 'University of the Year for Student Experience'. Coventry is an institution that's going places.
A vacancy has arisen that will have line management responsibility, while reporting to the Senior People Partner and will encompass both strategic and operational work by driving the People Strategy to support the design and delivery of business objectives through change management, employee engagement, talent planning, managing complex ER cases and project work.
Who You Are:
A highly enthusiastic and autonomous professional, you will flourish in our team if you...
- Are passionate about the difference education can make in the world, regardless of whether or not you have worked in the sector before
- Are educated to degree level, CIPD qualified or possess equivalent experience or qualifications
- Have previous experience in an HR partnering role or are an experienced HR Adviser looking for your next challenge
- Are a confident and inspiring manager and colleague with a passion for bringing out the best in people
- Have excellent communication and coaching skills and a track record of building authentic, trust-based relationships at all levels
- Are comfortable with quickly and routinely alternating between strategic and operational levels, while thinking creatively to deliver rapidly changing business objectives
- Have excellent data management/numeracy and analytical skills
- Are confident, fast and resilient
- Are a courageous and constructive status-quo challenger
Interviews Date: 11 October 2019
Click here to view the job description and person specification