Employee Relations Support Specialist
3 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Human Resources and Assistant Vice President for Employee Relations and Staffing provide a high level analytical and administrative support to senior Human Resources leadership. Serve as the office lead for university wide ER reporting and analytics to include talent development, recruiting and retention and other key metrics.
- Leads a unit or function, including overseeing and coordinating projects or work processes, and distributes the work of a minimum of two full time employees.
- Directs the daily operations of the office. Manages calendars and calls, assesses nature of issues and escalates as appropriate. Serves as principal source of information on policies, procedures, programs, and office activities. Oversees, monitors and controls office budget and spending.
- Participates in special projects on a variety of topics. Identifies project needs. Researches, gathers and analyzes data and materials. Collects project updates in a timely manner; prepares and maintains documentation, tracking, reports and presentations; follows up as appropriate.
- Performs on-going review of department processes and systems. Develops, implements, and oversees office procedures designed to streamline operations, eliminates duplication and improves efficiency throughout the department.
- Monitors and prioritizes communications for action and review; provides background necessary for action/decision-making; flags time sensitive material; initiates follow up.
- Composes and/or coordinates substantive communications, reviews outgoing material for accuracy and completeness. Develops and/or produces materials for presentations.
- Prioritizes, assigns and monitors work, sets standards and expectations among the department administrative support staff. Ensures appropriate levels of coverage so department priorities can be met. Evaluates and clarifies roles and responsibilities. Establishes and cultivates productive relationships between teams.
- Attends meetings and drafts minutes. Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary to support the mission of the office.
- Greets visitors, answers and screens telephone calls and assesses nature of business. Responds to requests for information and provides assistance. Screens and responds to mail.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Eight years of related work experience, six of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or six years of related work experience and an Associate's Degree; or two years of related work experience and a Bachelor's Degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Must be proactive and exercise independent judgment. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Possess superior customer service orientation and interpersonal skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Highly organized, detail-oriented. Ability to handle multiple assignments under tight deadlines. Flexibility and the ability to adapt and respond positively to unique, unforeseen or unusual circumstances. Ability to anticipate and address potential problems.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve administrative conflicts, to prioritize in a multi-task environment, and to effectively solve problems within the context of the priorities and goals of the division.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to communicate information effectively, both orally and in writing, with demonstrated effective customer service skills at all levels. Professional appearance and manner.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to translate data into formats that can be used in presentations. Ability to analyze, build and report on data trends and analysis including HR metrics and budget.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Related administrative assistant experience in a Human Resources environment. Administrative work experience at Yale. Proficiency with Workday.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus