Professorship in Information Management and Digital Transformation
The Faculty of Business Administration and Economics at the Stiftung European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) invites applications for the position of a
W3 Professorship in Information Management and Digital Transformation
starting summer term 2020. The professorship is expected to strengthen education and research in the planned European New School of Digital Studies (ENS) and to contribute to the profile of the university. The ENS is an innovative transdisciplinary academic unit of the university that integrates social, legal, cultural and computer sciences for understanding the emerging European digital society. It combines excellent research with project-based teaching. Students are selected on the merits of submitted projects and follow curricula negotiated on an individual basis.
The candidate is expected to:
- have an expertise and conduct research in information management, knowledge management and digital transformation (e.g. on IT-strategy and digital business models, IT-governance and collaboration, digital innovations, management and analysis of digital content, processes and markets),
- have a pronounced interest in research, proven by the publication of research outcomes in top-tier international journals and conferences,
- develop and apply innovative teaching methods including blended learning and co-creational approaches.
The candidate should furthermore:
- have a record in transdisciplinary collaboration,
- have experience in the development and advancement of third-party funded research,
- have experience in digital entrepreneurship and business formation.
German language proficiency is not required; however, we expect the successful candidate to be able to actively participate in meetings held in German within two years after appointment. The university’s language center offers German language courses. The ENS’s working language is English.
This includes teaching and the communication between the members of the ENS.
The general requirements are set according to Article 41 of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act (BbgHG). The European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) supports diversity, equality, and inclusion at the workplace. We encourage women, persons with a migration background and any members of minority groups in our society, as well as less advantaged persons to apply. Applicants can contact the equal opportunity commissioner (europa-uni.de/gleichstellung). The university offers a family-friendly workplace. More information is available at europa-uni.de/familie. Women and severely disa-bled applicants with equal qualification will be given preferential consideration. It is advisable to point out any disability in the application. The appointment is permanent. In case of a first-time appointment the requirements of Article 43 (1) BbgHG apply.
Website of the ENS: https://www.europa-uni.de/en/struktur/unileitung/projekte/ens/index.html
For full consideration, please send your application by 27th October, 2019 (stating the reference 1500-19-02) to:
Stiftung Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder)
Dekan der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Fakultät
Prof. Dr. Christian Almeder