Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Space Structures Laboratory in the Graduate Aerospace Laboratories at Caltech is seeking a Research Engineer with experience in the integration and testing of CubeSats and MicroSats. Candidates for this position should have experience in working with actual flight hardware for space missions. Graduates with a Masters degree and experience in the assembly, integration and testing of spacecraft electronics, flight software, and telecommunication subsystems are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may contact Charles Sommer at email@example.com.
More details about ongoing projects in the Space Structures Lab can be found at http://www.pellegrino.caltech.edu.
- Design, integration, and testing of nanosatellites.
- Design and testing of avionics systems.
- Writing and testing of software.
- Space telecommunications design, integration, and testing.
- Conduct literature research; write research reports and journal articles; present research work at seminars and participate in team discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS and MS degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Software or Telecom Engineering, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in space systems integration and testing.
- Experience with electronics testing and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Experience in telecommunication systems (radios, antennas, ground stations).