Faculty Housing Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
This position is responsible for assisting with day-to-day administrative and clerical support for the Faculty Housing office and will also provide assistance with various projects and will also provide vacation coverage.
- Assist with resident turnover, preparing move-in materials and processing check-outs
- Assist with arranging assignments for Faculty Housing visitors
- Assist with administration and collection of all Faculty Housing contracts, leases and correspondence, confirmations, notices of contract terminations or contract changes and occupancy reports
- Assist with daily data entry and maintaining database accuracy for occupancy and billing processes and for maintenance projects
- Assist with processing invoices, payments from rents, fees, utilities, telephone bills and other monetary collections
- Assists in day-to-day business operations, such as drafting, editing, proofing correspondence, reports, etc.
- Provides customer service to internal and/or external customers; assesses and determines priority of request, tracks and follows-up on progress, and addresses customer concerns and complaints
- Maintains records files and databases; screens and routes mail/inquiries; processes and maintains sensitive and confidential information; coordinates tasks and/or projects, maintains calendars, schedules meetings and appointments, etc.
- Assists in preparation of operating budget; assists with monitoring and tracking of accounts. Assists with collection of data for statistical and financial analysis and production of standard and/or technical reports and documents
- Initiates and/or places orders for office supplies, equipment, etc.; may conduct vendor searches and obtain bids; tracks, monitors and resolves delivery of orders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience (equivalent experience equals to a High School diploma/GED and 2 years of experience)
- At least 3 year’s progressively responsible administrative/clerical experience
- Candidate must be proficient with computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.
- Candidate must be able to apply knowledge of policies and practices to assignments
- Candidate must be capable of solving both routine and semi-routine problems
- Candidate must be capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting critical, time sensitive deadlines
- Must be capable of follow through and organization; attention to detail is essential
- Excellent customer service skills coupled with strong oral and written communication are mandatory
- Candidates must have the ability to interact with various levels of faculty and staff; and outside vendors/contractors