Special Scientist, Administrative Support Staff
UNIVERSITY OF CYRPUS
No. of Position(s): One (1)
Category: Part-time contract - 1 month (may be renewed) (October 2019 – 40.25 hours/month)
Location: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Medical School of the University of Cyprus invites applications for one (1) Special Scientist (Administrative Support Staff) position for the research programme “Biometeorological Aspect of Thermal environment and Health: impacts on public health and on special populations to improve the quality of life and tourism sustainability” (Acronym BeAT Heat). The Project (EXCELLENCE/1216/0007) is co- financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the Republic of Cyprus through the Research and Innovation Foundation.
The BeAT Heat project aims at assessing outdoor thermal perception, evaluating the spatial distribution of thermal burden through the use of the best performing thermal index and satellite remote sensing methods, and determining the impact of thermal environment on public health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct field surveys. Field surveys will include micrometeorological measurements and questionnaire-based interviews of people in outdoor public urban spaces (i.e. squares, sidewalk, pedestrian streets) in different cities of the Republic of Cyprus.
- Search, collect, and manage the data collected during the field surveys.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Background (including students at universities) in Health Sciences or in Physics or in another related field.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience in questionnaire-based interviews
- Experience in field surveys
- Very good knowledge of English (written and verbal).
- Ability to work and cooperate with local research teams.
The position is available on a contract basis for one (1) month (October 2019) with renewal possibility. The hourly rate for the part-time position (40.25 hours) is €9.00/hr (cost of employer) (40,25 hours/month*€9,00=€362,25). Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from this amount. The position does not include a 13th salary bonus.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Interested candidates should submit the following items, in PDF or Word format, via e-mail (email: email@example.com) by September 25th, 2019 by 14:00 and titled “Special Scientist (Administrate Support Staff) positions at the Medical School”.
- Cover letter of interest.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English (with contact address and telephone number).
- Names and contact details of two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more details and clarifications, please contact Aikaterini Pantavou-Special Research Scientist (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: 00357 22-895223).