Senior Learning Designer
2 days left
- Full Time
- Full-time, permanent opportunity based in RMIT City campus
- Play a pivotal role in improving students learning experience and student outcomes
- Report directly to the Manager, Learning & Teaching
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMITs leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
When you join our team, you'll be able to access a range of benefits. From travel to fitness, there's something for everyone.
About the role and college / portfolio:
This position will see you lead and manage resources to ensure the design, development and delivery of student-centred learning experiences are supported. You will contribute to capability-building programs and activities in the College of Business as well as provide leadership and expert advice in areas such as educational development, learning design and future pedagogies.
In addition you will establish effective, creative, aligned and fit-for purpose curriculum design requirements, basing learning and assessment activities on them that can be readily applied in a contemporary educational environment.
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline with at least three years experience working in learning design field
- Sound understanding of learning design principles, practices, curriculum development, resource development and production
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems creatively as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills with stakeholders
- Strong organisational and time-management skills to meet the demand of workloads and deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to advise and support staff in the interpretation and implementation of policies, benchmarks and frameworks
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a diverse team, and liaise and negotiate with a range of people to achieve agreed outcomes and reconcile different views.
A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
Bring your whole self to work:
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
Were proud to share with you some of our wins:
- RMIT was placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- We exceeded our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
To apply, please submit your resume, a statement addressing the key selection criteria, and a cover letter outlining your interest for this role. For more information please contact Susan Trigg, Manager Learning and Teaching on 03 9925 1378. To view a position description, please visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au
Applications close Wednesday 25th September
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Economics & Econometrics Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Education Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Social Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Business & Economics Other Professional Services jobs in Melbourne