Technical Coordinator, Process Chemistry
- Full-time, on-going opportunity based at RMIT City campus, may be required at other campuses location
- Actively contribute & provide support to the technical operations of the facility through research, external engagement and learning & teaching activities
- Excellent opportunities for Process Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering qualified professionals to expand & build your mechanical expertise and technical abilities
- Report directly to Technical Manager Process Chemistry, Mary Karagiozakis
- Remuneration at HEW 7 ($86,766 - $93,919), with competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As a Technical Coordinator - Process Chemistry (Chemical Engineering), you will be responsible to support daily operations and responsible for the coordination of day to day technical operational requirements within the designated technical facilities. Coming into this position, you will work collaboratively with the Technical Manager, Process Chemistry to ensure the safe and effective functioning of the facility to support learning and teaching, research and industry activities within process chemistry technically supported areas. In addition, you will be required for ensuring the technical team meets the organisational and stakeholder expectations through delivery of high level and professional technical service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Manager, Process Chemistry to coordinate teaching and research activities; as well as daily administrative support
- Working collaboratively with academic staff ensuring all laboratory activities planned be delivered on time
- Oversee technical staff to ensure all researchers requirement and the working environment are provided in a timely manner with on-time responses and high level of quality output
- Plan and oversee Maintenance schedules to ensure facilities/ laboratories/ workshops remain operational with OHS standards and maintaining regular records.
- Overseeing technical staff to ensure engagement and collaboration, to ensure that all required activities are delivered in a timely manner
- Ensuring laboratory facilities/workshops and equipment are clean, safe and functional and store appropriately
- Assist the Manager in ensuring laboratory comply with OH&S and that all incidents and hazardous conditions as well as injuries for both city and Bundoora campus reported immediately to the Manager, Technical Support or relevant authorities for appropriate action to be taken immediately
- To review risk assessment activities for all laboratories and work areas both in the City and Bundoora location
- In consultation with the Process Chemistry Technical Manager, design, implement and enforce compliance with OH&S procedures.
- Ensure all laboratory works are performed following laboratory policies and RMIT policies and procedures as well as any legislative requirements
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering or related areas with at least 2 years of experience working in research laboratory or industry environment with mechanical capabilities and technical expertise will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in the use and maintenance of variety of laboratory instrumentation and or workshop areas
- Proven experience in engineering changes and product design improvements
- Demonstrated working experience in coordination of technical support for teaching, research activities and external stakeholders such as planning, scheduling and overseeing support
- Knowledge of Work Safe legislations and OHS standards a must
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently as well as sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethics with the ability to provide high level of professionalism to deliver innovative and creative solutions
- Passion and ability to build strong relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organisation, a drive for pursuing best practice and equipped with strong technical report writing and verbal communications.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
- RMIT has placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and again in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey
The College comprises four Schools delivering a broad range of programs in science, engineering, health and technology at apprenticeship, certificate, bachelor, masters and PhD levels. Many programs articulate between vocational and higher education, creating pathways for further study. There is a vibrant research community attracting funding from a range of government and industry sources. The College has an annual income of approximately $425 million and employs over 1,000 staff providing on and offshore programs to approximately 20,000 students.
More information about the College may be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Free access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please contact Mary Karagiozakis (Technical Manager - Process Chemistry) at email@example.com. Alternatively, to view the position description, please click on the attachment below:
Applications close on Friday 27th September
Applicants will need to attach their updated resume and a cover letter expressing their suitability for this position. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.
RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.