Computing Support Analyst
Stanford University is seeking a Computing Support Analyst 2 under general supervision, to provide technical support to end-users for computer hardware, software, and network related problems.
- Diagnose and resolve end-user problems; respond to escalated issues from clients and other support teams; perform triage, provide remote problem resolution when possible, refer problems to associated groups and IT Manager.
- Research, recommend and implement hardware and software purchases and configurations to meet client needs and ensure compatibility with university systems and architecture.
- Research, recommend and implement approved standards used throughout the unit and contribute to the development of the client support strategy.
- Investigate and test new tools, systems, techniques, and software products.
- Provide technical guidance and training; may guide other staff.
- Work on or run projects requiring expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.
- May perform routine server administration.
- Assist and back up IT Manager with overseeing everyday operations in their absence.
- Work closely with the Web Design team to build and support production-quality applications for departmental needs. If needed, work as backup support for Web Design team.
- Strong visual design and user interaction design skills.
- Recommend and develop solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes; maintain broader organizational and university perspective in decision making.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Assist and manage audiovisual/IT technology, including support of hardware, software, photography, large poster printing, and presentation set-ups.
- Keep skills relevant through continuing education and training.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Bachelors degree in a science-related field or IT, Experience in Application Development.
Some experience working in an animal care or any other medical/lab facility
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Two-year college degree and two or more years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide excellent client service.
- Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting.
- Ability to apply information technology best practices, including security (this includes information security or physical security, such as asset management) to problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, bending, lifting, standing, and carrying equipment.
- Occasionally lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21-40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, grasp forcefully
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
May require extended hours and weekends, on-call rotation
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job Code: 4732
Employee Status: Regular
Department URL: http://med.stanford.edu/compmed/
Requisition ID: 84627