Lecturer in Defence Simulation
School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday. Flexible working will be considered
Contract type Permanent
Salary £43,351 to £48,323 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £60,403 per annum)
Apply by 21/10/2019
The Centre now has a vacancy for a Lecturer in Defence Simulation to join the core team in its Modelling and Simulation (M&S) Group, to be involved primarily in the delivery and preparation of teaching in that area. The post will also offer opportunities for involvement in consultancy and research.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and delivering courses and advising students within the area of Defence modelling and simulation, predominantly through lectures and laboratory practicals, but also including supervision of student research projects.
- Contributing to configuration, preparation and development of the Simulation and Synthetic Environment Laboratory (SSEL) and its facilities.
- Undertaking consultancy and research projects, both internally to the Defence Academy and externally, including provision of advice and guidance, methodology development, implementation, analysis, writing reports and delivering presentations.
- Contributing to academic activities such as course management, curriculum development and identification of opportunities for new courses.
The post holder will have a post-graduate education e.g. MSc/MEng in a topic directly related to modelling and simulation in Defence and experience of the following:
- Defence Modelling and Simulation experience in military, industry or academia.
- Significant exposure to application of Modelling and Simulation in Defence.
- Operation of Defence simulation systems, applications and tools.
Knowledge of Defence Modelling and Simulation techniques and methods and their application for battlespace simulation in areas such as training, experimentation and analysis, is essential.
For an informal discussion, please contact Jonathan Searle, Head of Modelling and Simulation Group, on +44 (0)1793 785852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held 13 November 2019.
At Cranfield, we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.