Director of Swimming, Diving Operations
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 123 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men’s and women’s Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
The Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) at Stanford University seeks a seasoned professional to serve as Director of Swimming & Diving Operations. Reporting jointly to the Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Head Coaches, the Director be involved in all non-coaching aspects of the two varsity swimming and diving teams.
**Please note: This is a one-year fixed-term appointment, with possibility of annual renewal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all aspects of team travel (airfare, lodging, transportation, per diem, etc.).
- Travel to Pac-12 dual meets, Pac-12 Championships (M&W), NCAA Championships (M&W), training camps, Summer Nationals/Olympic Trials
- Prepare itineraries and packing lists to be distributed electronically prior to departure
- Organize and reserve team meals during competition, as necessary
- Process and pay team entry fees
- Work with team parents and Alumni on purchasing tickets, planning post meet meals, etc.
- Order, track, receive, organize and distribute team apparel and equipment
- Ensure all team equipment is in working order and order replacement/new equipment as necessary
- Manage and organize team storage units
- Work closely with head coaches and head camp director, attend Athletic Department camp meetings, etc.
- Serves as primary contact with Residential Housing & Dining
- Serves as primary contact with US Sports Camps until head camp director is on-site in June
- Organize and oversee all aspects related to team community service events
- Coordinate team related programming in the area of Leadership and Development
- Organizing Alumni Swim Meet and annual activities
- Manage recruiting database
- Produce recruiting materials
- Coordinate official and unofficial visits (airfare, hotels, tickets, dinner reservations, etc.)
- Submit all compliance paperwork associated with recruit visits
- Occasional campus and facility tours
- To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong ability to collaborate and balance competing needs and priorities
- A strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University’s reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Job Code: 4121
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84605