English Language Instructor
Department: School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE)
Duty station: Tekeli, Kazakhstan
Deadline: 27 September 2019
Summary of Position and Key Responsibilities
The School of Professional and Continuing Education (SPCE) in Tekeli is looking for English language Instructor. The English language Instructor vacancy is a full-time position and requires full day engagement. The Instructor reports to the Manager of Learning Centre Tekeli and works closely with other staff members of UCA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching English courses and programmes;
- Organising and delivering classroom lectures to students;
- Coordinating specific English programmes;
- Participating in developing proposals for corporate English courses and programmes;
- Participating in marketing and promotion of SPCE courses and programmes;
- Submitting reporting documents (individual plans, examination registers, grade reports) on time;
- Ensuring high attendance of students in classes, contacting students, and reacting on their needs;
- Ensuring high success rate of students;
- Ensuring safety of equipment and furniture in the classrooms and offices;
- Performing other duties (extra-curricular activities, English clubs);
- Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere;
- Advising student on career issues;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in teaching English;
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, especially teaching children;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian languages (TKT, Cambridge, IELTS, TOEFL certificates required);
- Communication Skills: Instructor must be a good communicator as he/she will be on many occasions communicating with parents and also other teaching staff;
- Instruction Skills: The Instructor will have to explain unfamiliar concepts with authority and concisely so that students can understand;
- Writing Skills: Writing skills are critical.
- Creativity: Teachers must find ways to involve students into their lessons. Additionally, teachers must work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e. Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for two references to email@example.com by 27 September 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “English Language Instructor, SPCE Tekeli”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.