Head of International Recruitment
Head of International Recruitment
Salary £53,000 London Weighting
Hours of work Nominal weekly hours 35
We actively encourage agile/ flexible working in line with the requirements of all our roles.
Contract Fixed term for 2 years
Responsible to Director of Student Recruitment, Admissions and Administration
Reports Initially there are no direct reports for this role currently although we anticipate there will be a small team to lead as we grow and develop over the next few years
Primary Place of work
This exciting role offers 15 weeks international travel as a minimum.
When in the UK you will primarily be based in Canada Water, London
TEDI-London may consider candidates based outside of the UK
TEDI-London (www.tedi.ac.uk) is a collaborative, design led engineering organisation underpinned by three global partners: Arizona State University, King’s College London, UNSW Sydney.
We are a specialist, teaching focussed Higher Education provider committed to student aspirations, experiences and development. Academically grounded yet practical in nature, our flexible, project-based approach will empower students to become independent, socially aware, curious learners, with a global and future-focussed outlook. An emphasis on discovery, creativity and partnership with industry will equip our students with the skills and experience necessary to tackle the challenges of the 21st century and forge a successful, rewarding career in one of the most dynamic, innovative and diverse of disciplines.
About your Role
You will lead International Student Recruitment for us and will work with colleagues across the institution to both develop and deliver an effective and cost - efficient student recruitment strategy. We are seeking to recruit around 40% of our students from international markets, with a total of 125 students combined from the UK and internationally, starting with us in our first full year September 2021. Your targets are therefore ambitious and the strategy you develop will match this ambition.
A detailed understanding of key issues shaping international student mobility, including knowledge and insight into key markets (Middle East, China and Far East) and management of agent networks is essential, as is a track record of success in achieving and exceeding targets.
- Provide sound and relevant external and internal student recruitment advice and guidance to the institution
- Examine our needs in relation to international student recruitment and develop appropriate plans to deliver on our strategic objectives including the successful annual student recruitment campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Gather intelligence and disseminate key market data and trends to create an effective environment and basis for strategic planning and forecasting
- Establish an agents’ strategy and successfully nurture the relationships with chosen agents to facilitate the attraction and recruitment of suitable students
- Understand the changing nature of prospective student engagement and adapt the institutions approaches to recruitment to ensure they are relevant for next generation
- Manipulate data from different sources for the development, implementation and evaluation of the international student recruitment strategy
- Demonstrate knowledge of new and traditional recruitment practices to lead the development and delivery of international recruitment strategies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment activities against objectives, learning lessons and comparing with industry best practice to iteratively support the Global Engagement Strategy
- Lead the effective management of relevant budgets, ensuring value for money and the most effective use of existing resources
- Passionate about education and students
- Passionate about our programmes and our student experience
- Highly qualified in area of responsibility
- Kind, thoughtful and highly communicative
- A team player able to support a small and developing team
- Proven experience of developing, delivering and evaluating compelling student engagement strategies
- Significant experience in international student recruitment activities across multiple regions
- Highly developed knowledge of the competitive environment around global student mobility
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining agent networks and contracts
- Highly developed commercial focus
- Cultural awareness
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills particularly undertaking presentations and leading negotiations
- Excellent relationship / stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Relishes international travel opportunities
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or professional qualification
- Engagement at national or international level in relevant professional body
- Possess or be able to develop people management skills as we grow in the future