Skills Development Coach, Various Specialisms
Closing date: Not specified
Salary: £12.82 per hour
Employment type: Temporary
Department: Apprenticeship School
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a number of temporary Skills Development Coach roles to accommodate the demand needs within the school across our apprenticeship programmes. We are looking for highly motivated candidates to bring high quality support, nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
These roles are on a casual basis to pick up short-term support projects and interim support to cover absence. Assignments will typically last 3 to 6 months and all candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check.
The areas in which we currently have a resource requirement are as follows – please state within your application which area(s) you are interested in:
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Insurance Operations
- Investment Operations
- Project Management
- Risk and Compliance
You will be responsible for the on programme delivery of apprenticeships skills and behaviour standards. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for all apprentices enrolled on relevant Apprenticeship School apprenticeship programmes.
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Ensure monthly performance update on learners and progress reviews with learners and line managers
- Work collaboratively with client services, line managers and apprenticeship support
- Provide feedback to the apprentice on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to their standards
- Communicate effectively with learners via the VLE and other appropriate tools and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Provide academic (both pre-submission via advise on continuous development of learner e-portfolio’s and post-submission) and safeguarding support to learners
- Contribute towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the end point assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes
- Other activities as and when required by the school
The Apprenticeship School has a range of developmental and progression opportunities available to our team members.
- Apprenticeship understanding and knowledge
- Relationship building skills and ability
- Ability to provide appropriate feedback to students against apprenticeship standard
- Ability to hold professional and developmental review meetings with apprentices and line managers
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Appropriate practitioner experience/qualifications
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Coaching/Assessment Qualifications
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check