Senior Administrative Officer, University College
Provides administrative and secretarial support to the College. Works with the Dean to ensure smooth daily operations and coordinates a variety of operational activities. Ensures that the administrative functions are performed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Deals effectively and efficiently with queries,ensuring confidentiality, while offering the best possible client care to ZU employees and clients.
- Answers queries and calls from internal and external clients in a professional, cheerful and courteous manner.
- Presents a good image of the Department/University to visitors and clients in person and on the phone.
- Maintains and conveys accurate and updated Information to internal and external callers.
- Carries out administrative and administrative duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines.
- Provides administrative support to center including filing, sourcing, and retrieving documents; maintains appointment schedules, prepares routine correspondence and otherwise relieving Director of minor business and administrative detail.
- Creates spreadsheets to maintain and track data and records.
- Actively Supports with preparation of proposed schedule for each student prior to registration period.
- Works with Registrar’s Office during registration of graduate students to: confirm add/drop, check to verify that all students are attending courses, submit grades, assign advisors, etc.
- Coordinates and arranges hotel reservations,transportation, and travel arrangements in coordination with ZU administration.
- Organizes and schedules meetings. Produces and distributes meeting agendas and minutes.
- Maintains and updates the enrollment database.
- Orders stationery or stock required by the office.
- Welcomes visitors when they arrive for appointments and liaise with other staff members on behalf of the center.
- Resolves routine, day-to-day administrative issues.
- Schedules and track department vacations.
- Actively supports coordinating department related activities on campus.
- Prepares and maintains database for student evaluations of teacher/course and collate results.
- Prepares and maintains database for language use surveys and collate results.
- Actively supports with monitoring of retention and attrition rates.
- Supports with the rationalizing student registration with minimal supervision.
- Supports with the oversight of final examination scheduling, proctoring and monitoring of COL students.
- Supports with the oversight of testing(English, Arabic, Math) of new students.
- Ensures the appropriate placement of students when registering.
- Assists in the liaising with different campus offices, particularly the Registrar’s Office, CSD, and ABP.
- Translating materials from English to Arabic and Arabic to English.
- Provides UC Dean’s Office with data,charts, and reports.
- Communicates regularly with academic advisors to ensure information is current and correct.
- Works with Deans, Associate/Assistant Deans,Institutional Planners, Faculty, Office of University Registrar, CSD, ABP and Institutional Research to develop appropriate schedules.
- Supports with the monitoring of Summer School registration for COL courses.
- Gathers and complies data from multiple sources for preparation of reports and correspondence, as required.
- Under the guidance of the supervisor,interprets related policies and procedures to analyze information and solve problems, as required
- Performs any other tasks as required by the Dean/designate.
- Responsible for making basic decisions in order to maintain the efficiency of the office.
- Need to be able to prioritize a variety of tasks and demonstrate good multitasking ability.
- Consult and collaborate with Colloquy Logistics Coordinator.
- Deals with students, faculty, advisors and administration on a continual basis.
- Demands placed on the coordination of ZU students across city-specifictwo campuses adds to the complexity of the job.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a complex academic environment, or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience, Prior knowledge and experience with the university is important.
- Fluency in both Arabic and English is preferred.
- Able to communicate and coordinate well.
- Ideally familiar with both UAE and Western models of education.
- Highly computer literate, especially familiar with database use in database environment.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.