Associate Director, Business Systems, Operations
The Associate Director of Business Systems and Operations is a member of the Stanford University ADAPT Business Technology Services team, reporting to the Director of Business Systems and Operations for OOD. The Associate Director is responsible for the day to day management of a Salesforce business analyst team, as well as serving as the technical liaison between business users and University IT. The Associate Director will be part of the continuous improvement effort of ADAPT processes; they will work with business owners and technical staff to gather needs and apply their strong systems knowledge to analyze and build out requirements, identify gaps, and drive organizational change.
- Exercise full management responsibility for a team of business analysts, working on all phases of application development lifecycle
- Ensure work completion within schedule, budgetary, and design constraints; make decisions about analysis, design, and testing; solve complex technical problems; provide alternative methods for achieving goals when necessary
- Provide resource planning for own work group
- Participate in broader scope strategic planning for ADAPT, a large, complex, organization-wide initiative
- Monitor technology trends and evaluate emerging technologies for adoption and implementation. Engage in long-term roadmap planning for the Salesforce platform
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions from end to end and be responsible for the applicable technical architecture and documentation
- Lead testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for major projects within the team
- Define complex application development administration and programming standards
- Lead the support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications
- Resolve complex technical problems
- Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance
- Work with other technical developers and administrators to develop standard documentation, processes and procedures
- Provide oversight and governance of Salesforce projects
- Serve as the product manager of Salesforce for Office of Development and Stanford Alumni Association.
- Act as a key contributor to solution design and architecture for all advancement systems.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience or combination of education and relevant experience required
- 8+ years of overall CRM experience with 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Architect preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed understanding of relevant technical knowledge and problem resolution.
- Strong customer relationship skills, consensus building skills, and ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modeling
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle and quality control practices
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable experience in Salesforce implementations with strong expertise in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Force.com
- Experience managing large-scale implementations of CRM solutions
- Experience with environment management, release management, code versioning, and deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of team collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA desired
Classification: IT Technical Manager 2
Job Family: Information Technology Services
Job Code: 4806
Job Grade: L
Department: Business Technology Services, Office of Development
Job Code: 4806
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84571