Division/School Campus Division
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Part time
Salary £17,361 - £18,009 per annum (pro rata)
Closing date for applications 15-Sep-2019
Our staff are committed to providing a first-class service to student residents and so it is essential that you can get on well with students who are often away from home for the first time.
In order to continue to offer an outstanding student experience, we are looking for reliable and hardworking people to work as General Assistants.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our Residences are kept clean and tidy, to an agreed standard. You’ll interact with students and building users and be a friendly face they recognise.
During summer months our Residences are used for summer visitors and language students Your work will be essential in ensuring that they have an enjoyable stay.
Previous experience of cleaning is desirable but not essential as we’ll train and support you every step of the way. You will be an enthusiastic team player with a can do attitude and would happy to use your own initiative.
You will also need a good level of fitness, a reasonable level of literacy and good communication skills.
The following duties are an intrinsic part of the role and any offer of employment will be conditional upon satisfactory health screening by the University Occupational Health Service:
- Regular manual handling responsibilities, e.g. regular lifting of objects
- Demanding physical activity is a dominant feature of the post, and is continuous throughout the day.
These roles will operate a five day out of seven working pattern, according to our Terms and Conditions. The hours are variable and may include some weekends, so you'll need to be flexible.
Not only will you be working as part of a committed team, you’ll also receive these great benefits:
- A competitive rate of pay;
- A generous pension scheme;
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight bank holidays and seven University closure days;
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams with on the job training and welfare support;
- The chance to develop, with many training courses available;
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and child care vouchers;
- A generous staff discount scheme, staff club and discounted sports facilities membership.
The closing date for application is midnight on For informal queries please contact Rob Smith email@example.com
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.