Deputy Programme Support Manager, On-Programme
Closing date: 26/09/2019
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000
Employment type: Fixed Term
Department: Law School -Law School
Fixed term maternity cover contract
The Programme Support Manager (On-Programme) will work with the Director of Law School Delivery to ensure the On-Programme administrative and programme support processes are properly set up and aligned across the Law School. They will be responsible for ensuring an excellent student experience outside of the classroom and a smooth and efficient journey through the Law School. They will also assist the Director of Law School Delivery in the successful transition from the current regulatory regimes to the new regime.
BPP University Law School has a reputation for excellence in professional education built on a proven ability to offer students the skills they need to succeed in a legal career. Working with over 150 law firms, BPP prides itself on being at the cutting edge of professional legal education giving students the core skills and a competitive advantage to ensure success.
The Solicitors Regulatory Authority is introducing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) and the Bar Standards Board is proposing changes to the Bar Professional Training Course. BPP considers that it is essential that BPP is positioned to offer the SQE across all its Law School programmes and deliver a market leading BPTC.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Working with the Director of Law School Delivery and the Programme Support Manager (Exams) to build and maintain relationships between the Law School and key BPP operations teams, including but not limited to EAO, SRO, TTU, Student Finance and Student Advice.
- Working with the Programme Support Manager (Pre-Registration), Programme Support Manager (Attendance) and Programme Support Manager (Exams) to ensure effective management across the Programme Support team (which will include deputising for each other as and when required).
- Managing Senior Programme Support Officers and Programme Support Officers responsible for on-programme support across the Law School, providing students with excellent customer service and issue resolutions.
- Building expert knowledge in the Law School administrative and programme support processes to work within and manage a dedicated delivery team.
- Building a good understanding of all Law School administrative and programme support processes to allow flexible working across teams, as required.
- Ensuring students have continued appropriate access to all relevant resources during their time on the programme (timetable, VLE access, library etc).
- Ensuring processes are in place to manage student requests for timetable changes and group swaps during the programme.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for dealing with Learning Support issues in accordance with University Policy.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for maintaining and updating appropriate programme information systems (e.g. VLE Home Page).
- Ensure regular communication to students regarding their programme of study, ensuring relevant and consistent messaging for all students.
- Ensuring the set-up, running and completion of follow up actions (e.g. preparation and circulation of minutes) of Staff Student Liaison Committee Meetings and student surveys on all Law School Programmes.
- Ensure that processes are in place to processing and recording academic requests (Interruption of Study/Deferral of Study/Extensions) and dealing with any queries about return to study date/exam dates.
- Ensuring processes are in place to ensure students’ smooth return to study following Interruption of Study.
- Ensuring that processes are in place for dealing with student complaints.
- Ensuring that students are able to access all relevant databases in a timely fashion and ensuring that processes are in place to deal with any issues that may arise.
- Ensuring processes are in place to deal with non-academic student queries throughout their period of study at BPP University.
- Ensuring the set-up and running of student feedback surveys (EvaSys) and collation support across all Law School Programmes.
- To invigilate at assessments as required.
- To liaise with internal departments as necessary (e.g TTU, SRO, Library etc).
- Undertaking capacity management analysis to identify flexi-working patterns of the Law School Programme Support Officers to ensure full student support throughout their journey through the Law School.
- Generally to assist the Law School Team to effectively manage Law School students to ensure the smooth operation of all programmes.
- Other administrative support activities as and when required by the Law School.
For the role requirements, please refer to the full job description