Director of Solution Delivery
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Digital Solutions Department of the Stanford Graduate School of Business seeks an experienced and highly skilled Director of Solution Delivery to oversee the successful delivery of IT services including projects and operations within the Digital Solutions Department while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments, and goals of the school. In this role, you will engage with the operations behind a world class academic institution, contributing your experience and skills to influence and evolve the workplace and culture. Our team supports faculty, graduate students, and staff with an expectation to deliver high quality products and services that meet their needs within appropriate timelines and budgets.
If you are a Manager with expertise in complex enterprise environments and ready to take-on new challenges and impact the future of technology in higher education, this position is for you.
The job purpose of this position is to direct the all activities Solution Delivery group consisting of business analysts, Engineering, content, reporting and UX resources.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the Solution Delivery group, including recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and evaluating. Provide oversight of end-to-end solution delivery activities, associated change management strategies/plans, and end user satisfaction.
- Ensure solution delivery is on time and within established budgetary and design constraints.
- Ensure that analysis, design, and testing activities are thoroughly planned and implemented.
- Ensure resolution of complex business and technical problems.
- Manage the adoption and adaptation of emerging technologies to meet changing requirements, capabilities, and opportunities.
- Build a competent and diverse team; recruit, lead, and mentor key staff through motivation and education; provide a clear vision and sense of mission for the organization.
- Facilitate the creation and implementation of successful change management strategies and plans.
- Manage risk mitigation activities.
- Participate in strategic planning activities for the department.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to leverage the university/school's resources for successful project completion.
- Direct and manage strategic relationships both inside and outside of the GSB; maintain a high level of interaction and collaboration with clients and peers across the university.
- Partner with the CIO to determine project priorities via an established governance process as well as budgeting, strategy and communications.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and eight years of increasingly technical work experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Progressively responsible relevant project management experience highly preferred.
- Experience leading and managing a large organization of technical staff through subordinate managers.
- Experience leading large, complex projects or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work and to manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills to address a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to productively assemble, engage, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated resilience, diplomacy, influence, relationship building, and problem solving skills in a variety of situations.
- Keen grasp of interpersonal and impact awareness.
- Depth of knowledge in technical discipline/domain needed to deliver projects and operations.
- Skilled in designing, implementing and managing a sustainable enterprise application and data ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms like Salesforce and AWS
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
Job Code: 4807
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 84561