Digital Assessment Technology Consultant
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio
Department/School: Student and Scholarly Services
Salary: $83,301 - $90,170 (UOM 6)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About Chief Operating Operator Portfolio
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) Portfolio is responsible for the University’s budget and financial performance, and the management of its property and capital. It also delivers efficient and effective shared services in support of all aspects of the University’s business.
About the role
The Digital Assessment Technology Consultant role will provide specialist professional support for the Learning Environments Portfolio of Educational Technologies, including Flexible Academic Programming (FlexAP) projects. The position will primarily provide expert and responsive user support and consultation to staff, assisting teaching staff understand and apply effective educational strategies to enhance learning, teaching and assessment practices with the LMS and other educational technologies. To deliver and support these strategies, the position will also assist with service delivery management tasks and responsibilities in relation to digital assessment, including academic consultation, business process and technical integrations with source information and dependent systems, including supporting end user integrations with other educational technologies.
You will have:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with strong relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated ability to support and provide consultation for educational technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of pedagogical theories and practice as they apply to digital assessment
- Ability to develop and implement practical and sustainable solutions in a high-pressure support environment, particularly in response to user support requests, and to generally improve outcomes for users in the implementation of digital assessment
- Knowledge of the meaningful utilisation of system information and analytics in order to maximise the potential of academic use of learning technologies, particularly the LMS, and to contribute to quality improvement processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and active participation in keeping up-to-date in current application of technologies to learning, teaching and assessment
- Demonstrated ability to manage personal workloads within a highly productive operational and strategic team that seeks to generate high levels of client satisfaction
- Experience working in a university context, with sound knowledge of the operational and strategic implementation of university academic policies and procedures.
- Experience with Canvas, Turnitin, Turnitin Peermark, Poll Everywhere, Qualtrics, Kaltura, Examsoft and other University digital assessment technologies
- Knowledge and experience of workplaces tools such as Jira, Trello, Slack, and other collaborative apps.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 22 Sep 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time