Classification: ANU Officer 8 (Administration)
Salary package: $99,612 - $106,517 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time/Part time, Continuing
Join an ambitious, growing team supporting Advancement at ANU. Our job is to build strong and productive relationships across the University to make sure we deliver on donor’s gifts with efficiency, accountability and integrity.
Our ideal candidate is positive, motivated and proactive, has highly developed communication skills and enjoys working with people to get great outcomes for donors.
- Permanent opportunity with full-time or part-time options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Dynamic, professional and collaborative work environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages
- 17% Superannuation Contributions
- Annual Leave Loading
- Salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, technology, childcare and more
As a key member of the Advancement Services team at ANU Advancement, the Program Manager, Gift Implementation has the opportunity to promote the effective implementation of gift funds supporting research, students and other strategic priorities across the University. They also provide advice to ensure expenditure and investments are in line with fund purpose and establish processes to enable us demonstrate the impact of giving.
Your ability to establish effective stakeholder relationships across the University, and work proactively to identify and influence decision makers, and to develop, communicate and present solutions will underpin your success in this position.
The Program Manager keeps stakeholders informed on matters relating to the implementation of gift funds within their delegation; represents Advancement in University-wide initiatives; and works closely with a range of stakeholders engaged in fundraising and donor relations activities, plus finance, research and student administration staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging with stakeholders across the University to ensure effective implementation of gift funds, including consultation, development of networks and working groups, and education programs, as required.
- Establishing and maintaining a robust framework for the implementation of philanthropic funds of the University, including systems, business processes, templates, policies and procedures, and communication strategies that support the effective stewardship of donors through measuring the impact of their giving.
- Providing high level client service including monitoring and responding to enquiries, providing strategic, responsive and expert advice in relation to effective management of gift funds.
- Lead a team that is service-oriented, solutions focused, outcome driven and committed to continuous improvement.
Experience in gift administration, implementation and stewardship in a higher education Advancement or not-for-profit setting is desirable, but not essential. An understanding of philanthropy, including monitoring of financial activities, such as expenditure and investments is desirable. Well-developed management skills and an understanding of business analysis principles would also be an advantage.
For further information please contact Kay Connell, Head of Advancement Solutions T: +61 2 6125 9010 E: Kay.Connell@anu.edu.au
Closing date: 29 September 2019
Position description: Program Manager.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of a least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.