Associate Lecturer, Field Education, Social Work
The Associate Lecturer, Field Education Teaching Specialist, Social Work will be responsible for contributing to the Bachelor of Social Work and Masters of Social Work programs through teaching and research informed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives.
James Cook University
Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
College of Arts, Society and Education
- Undertaking lectures, tutorials in field education subjects, within our social work programs.
- Contributing to field education program through liaison and supervisory roles.
- Participate in the development of new field placement opportunities and innovative strategies for supervisor and student support and engagement.
- Contributing to research, including publications and grant activity.
- Demonstrate commitment to the University, the profession and the discipline through service activities.
- Support the University's commitment to the principles of reconciliation, which exemplify respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and the valuing of justice and equity for all Australians.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the University values.
- Support the principles of the TropEco program and engage in commitment to JCU sustainability goals and objectives.
There are generic responsibilities that apply to all James Cook University staff.
- The Associate Lecturer, Field Education, Social Work is required to observe the lawful and reasonable directions, policies and decisions of the University Council, understand and comply with the Enterprise Agreement, the Statutes and Rules of the University, the policies and decisions of the University Council and other appropriate University authorities, as in force from time to time.
- The Associate Lecturer, Field Education, Social Work is required to demonstrate a personal commitment to ensure personal safety and the safety of others and contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance. This includes the effective implementation and compliance with James Cook University WHS policies, procedures and safe systems of work, together with all relevant legislation, duties and obligations. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our WHS performance.
- The Associate Lecturer, Field Education, Social Work is required to exercise proper discretion in all matters affecting the well-being of the University which involve public writing or speaking in accordance with the University’s Code of Conduct.
There are no special conditions.
Selection and appointments will be assessed against selection criteria.
- Teaching experience at a tertiary level in social work and/or human services.
- Evidence of field education teaching and supervision of students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and embrace antiracist and cross-cultural ways of working. Commitment to contributing to the ongoing embedding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander worldviews and perspectives into the social work curricula.
- Social work qualifications and eligibility for membership of AASW, with at least two years post-qualification professional experience.
- Evidence of both community and professional engagement.