Theoretical and Computational Scientist
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Theoretical and Computational Scientist will report to Professor Garnet Chan. The successful candidate will technically contribute to scientific research in electronic structure theory, and will contribute to the development of quantum embedding methods. This is a temporary assignment lasting 6 months. Additional or extended funding may result in extension of the original length of the assignment.
- Work on projects associated with condensed phase quantum chemistry.
- Develop new software and maintain existing software associated with the group.
- Help organize internal group seminars and provide coding assistance to group members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Chemistry or Physics.
- Experience in computational materials science.
- Unix or Linux programming experience (C++, Fortran, Python).
- Strong communication with collaborators.
- Advanced knowledge of computational materials science.