Senior Analyst, Performance
- Continuing Role
- $95,462-120,233 plus 17 % Super
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Planning & Performance (UPP) provides management reports, business intelligence, analysis and strategic advice to multiple stakeholders across the University. Planning & Performance is a key resource for the senior management of the University, providing data, management information and analysis of performance reporting.
About the role
The Senior Analyst Performance assists in the planning, coordination and delivery of the administrative processes that support UNSW’s performance, benchmarking, business metrics (University Council KPIs) and Performance Review activities including UNSW Annual & Mid Year Reviews. The Senior Analyst, Performance will support the delivery of complex projects, system enhancements and business process improvements whilst working closely with colleagues and UNSW stakeholders to ensure quality service delivery.
This position reports to the Manager Performance and has no direct reports. This position will be expected to deputise for the Manager, Performance if/when required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and delivering on strategic activities in a complex environment, ideally within higher education.
- Strong technical and computing aptitude (specifically including MS Excel and databases) with excellent attention to detail.
- High level project management, analysis, research, planning and advisory skills and experience, combined with creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high level of independence, judgment, discretion, and diplomacy with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Proven ability to establish highly effective and collaborative working relationships and initiate change using high level interpersonal, influencing and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level administrative and organisation skills including proven ability to prioritise a high-volume workflow to meet critical and competing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively adapt and develop a deep understanding of business processes, analyse business requirements, and implement improvements.
- Client focused work ethic with excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
You can view the Position Description here:
Phil Moffat, Manager Performance
T: (61 2) 9385 4953
Applications close: 22 September 2019
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.