Systems Support Specialist
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 7 (IT)
Salary package: $88,523 - $92,957 per annum plus 17% Superannuation Terms: Full time, Continuing
- Professional, collaborative and supportive work environment;
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package including:
- 17% Superannuation Contributions; and
- Annual Leave Loading.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Mentoring and ongoing career development
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides corporate IT services to ANU staff, students and visitors in support of achieving excellence in research, teaching and public policy. These services include network, communications, computing platforms, data storage, desktop and mobile access, enterprise systems, student learning environments, and IT security. The work of ITS is coordinated with services provided within and by University Colleges and other Service Divisions to form a cohesive, University-wide information services infrastructure.
ITS is seeking a suitably qualified individual with a successful record of achievements, for the position of System Support Specialist. This role is expected to provide applications development and support services for enterprise systems supporting key University research functions. The role will require demonstrated knowledge of software development preferably in Java, as well as a comprehensive understanding of application lifecycle management. Strong communication and problem solving skills are also fundamental.
Experience in the following would be highly regarded:
- SQL querying
- Metadata repositories
For further information please contact Genevieve Turner, Senior Systems Support Specialist, T: +61 2 6125 1950
Closing date: 22 September 2019
Position description: System Support Specialist.docx
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing each selection criteria individually.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.