CMMS/EAM Application Support Technician
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you an experienced Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) / Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Technician looking to work with a large-scale Asset & Maintenance Management System managing some of the world’s most complex equipment? Are you interested in a career in an exciting international environment at the forefront of modern science? Then join us and get involved in support and training as well as contributing to the evolution of CERN’s Asset and Maintenance Management platform used by over 3,000 engineers and technicians. CERN, take part!
CERN has been using for many years a commercial Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System called Infor EAM which currently holds information about 2.5 million physical components and manages over 200,000 technical interventions per year. The EAM system is currently used throughout the whole organization and forms the basis for all asset and maintenance activities.
As a CMMS/EAM Application Support Technician, you will:
- Analyse user requirements coming from CERN groups as well as external collaborators.
- Transform expressed user needs into technical solutions that can be configured and implemented based on the EAM platform and its existing frameworks.
- Provide daily user support as well as collective and individual training in the areas of EAM and maintenance management best practices.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of training and support material by writing documentation such as FAQs, procedures and guidelines.
- Actively participate in testing of purchased or internally developed software components.
- Collaborate with other support or development teams both inside and outside the group.
Higher technical diploma in the field of computing/information technology, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in using or providing user support for CMMS/EAM systems (such as Infor EAM, IBM Maximo, etc).
- Experience in configuration, customisation and administration of CMMS/EAM systems or other similar enterprise applications.
- Experience of maintenance management work and related processes.
- Application support: user support, request and incident resolution.
- Solution architecture: propose technical solutions in the EAM domain supporting asset and maintenance management processes at CERN.
- Programming/software development: working knowledge of SQL and/or scripting languages is an asset.
- Practical knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQL) is an asset.
- User relationship management: consultancy and training, assistance to the groups to ensure that they gain maximum benefit from the services supplied.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented; providing others with timely information.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; seeking and integrating other points of view when tackling an issue; consulting experts in the field and undertaking benchmarking; testing solutions for long-term suitability, cross-checking with all concerned before implementation.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- English or French: spoken and written with the ability to draw up technical texts.
- The ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 30.09.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 3-4
Job reference: EN-ACE-AMM-2019-91-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Computing Technician
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further