Faculty Opening: Leadership
Faculty Opening at Ashesi University: Leadership
Ashesi University’s Dean of Arts & Sciences and the Head of Humanities and Social Sciences department invites applications for faculty for the position of Assistant Professor (Lecturer in the UK), preferably Associate Professor (Reader in the UK) or higher of Leadership Studies.
Ashesi’s mission is to propel an African renaissance by educating ethical, entrepreneurial leaders with the concern, courage, and compassion needed to transform their continent. Located in Ghana, this non-profit, multidisciplinary university combines a rigorous liberal arts core with degree programs in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi is a recognised centre of educational excellence and innovation in Ghana and is a high-impact contributor in Africa’s higher education landscape.
Faculty at Ashesi make high-impact contributions to Ashesi’s mission and are recognised as thought leaders in academia and industry. As a 'teacher' at Ashesi, you will be helping shape our curriculum, strengthening our teaching and learning model, and working with some of the brightest students across Africa. And as a scholar, you will be working with motivated colleagues and students to uncover new knowledge in your chosen field.
About the role
The university’s leadership courses use an interdisciplinary learning approach and are run in series from first year through to final year. As the faculty, you will engage students in comprehensive learning about leadership in applied contexts and contribute to the strengthening of a programme that is central in our work to prepare ethical, entrepreneurial leaders in Africa. Ashesi is committed to developing both intellect and character, and we champion an ethics-based education that is recognised globally.
- A Ph.D. or a completed a terminal degree in an area directly related to leadership studies from an accredited university (a master’s degree with relevant teaching experience will also be considered for adjunct and assistant lecturer positions)
- Experienced and demonstrated excellence in teaching leadership studies courses
- A record of scholarship in the area of leadership studies
- Understanding, appreciation, and experience with engaged learning techniques and experiential education pedagogy
- Practical leadership experience in professional or community-based leadership roles
Prospective faculty should submit the following as part of their application:
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, philosophy of teaching statement, research statement, and 2 to 3 scholarly articles in one document (this document should be named Cover letter and Scholarly articles). Please be prepared to also provide 3 professional references upon request.
*Note: An Adjunct Professor of lecturer rank or higher may be considered for the job.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashesi University does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Ashesi University is building a faculty and staff committed to excellence and equity and encourages applications from people who value same.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar.
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Academic Posts jobs in Ghana
- Permanent Business & Management Professors / Chairs jobs in Ghana
- Permanent Business & Management Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Ghana
- Permanent Business & Management Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Ghana