Research Associate, Cardiovascular Medicine Laboratory
Bargaining Unit None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group)
Time Type Full time
Duration Type Regular
Compensation Grade Clinical & Research
Compensation Grade Profile Research Associate 1 MS (22)
Work Location Medical School Campus
Worksite Address 10 Amistad Street
New Haven, CT 06519
Work Week Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Searchable Job Family Research/Support
Total # of hours to be worked: 37.5
Under the direction of PI, Research Associate 1, MS will provide research project support in Cardiovascular Medicine Laboratory at 10 Amistad Street, which focuses on studying the role of complement using humanized disease models. The successful applicant will work closely to support the efforts of the section to include the PI and all other staff to develop projects which will form the basis for extramural funding applications.
- Recommends the design and implementation of procedures and protocols under the direction of a higher-level authority.
- Investigates, analyzes, and reaches preliminary scientific conclusions related to research planning
- Ensures data results are compiled, analyzed, and presented properly.
- Analyzes, develops and interprets scientific results. Maintains clear documentation of results. Prepares scientific reports and papers for research proposals and published reports.
- Performs independent research and laboratory techniques and participates in experimental research planning.
- Interacts with internal contacts including the PI, research assistants, graduate students, Radiation Safety and Biological Safety officers, and Animal Care personnel to discuss and evaluate research results and to ensure the smooth and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Interacts with external contacts such as researchers at other institutions, staff at biotechnology and reagents companies to consult on research methods and to keep abreast of product information and developments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline and one year experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical and advocacy skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability in cell culture and aspetic technique.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability in molecular cloning.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability in mouse breeding and handling.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.