Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
6 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines the Masdar Institute of Science and Technology (MI), Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR), and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University. Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is expected to use the nanofabrication facility and lab equipment to fabricate and test nano-devices and nanomaterials. He/She will work with the research team to design and conduct the required experiments and optimize the device design and performance. The applicant should have experience with handling nanoparticles, mask design, ALD, CVD, lithography, and AFM systems. The applicant should also have good analytical and programming skills. He/She is expected to possess a PhD degree in engineering or science programs with a strong academic record. The successful candidate is expected to conduct high quality research, collect and analyze data, and will draft papers to be submitted to high impact scientific journals.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will work with a research team from electrical engineering and applied science on the fabrication of novel semiconductor-based nano-devices. The project investigates new structures of nano devices at sub-20 nm scale using metal or semiconductor nanoparticles. The project involves the fabrication and characterization of such nano-devices, which requires good skills in using nanofabrication facility. The candidate should have experience with handling nanoparticles, mask design, ALD, PECVD deposition, and lithography. Electrical and material characterization will be carried out using AFM, SEM, TEM and Raman spectroscopy instruments. In addition, device testing for transistors and memory cells will be performed.
The Postdoctoral Fellow would assist in mentoring and training graduate and senior undergraduate students in their research, and would have some teaching duties as well.
- PhD Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Materials Engineering or Applied Science
- Solid background in the physics of semiconductor devices.
- Good experience in scanning probe microscopes (AFM and/or STM).
- Extensive experience in micro and nanofabrication facility and cleanroom.
- Good experience in handling nanoparticles, and ALD, CVD or PVD deposition methods.
- Experience in testing MOS devices.
- Ability to design masks for nanofabrication.
- Experience in data acquisition and computer interfaced systems, like LabVIEW.
- Experience with SEM and TEM is desired.
- Computer programing, Matlab or equivalent.
- Some background with finite element simulation tools, like COMOSL and TCAD.
- Good English and communication skills.
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
Apply for Post Doctoral Fellow, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates