Position in the School of Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of Sydney
- Join a growing Faculty and be part of a University that places amongst the world’s best teaching and research institutions.
- Located in the heart of Sydney’s bustling inner west quarter, close to beaches, parks, public transport and shopping districts
- Seeking outstanding Academic’s to provide leadership and help create a world-class, internationally recognised Faculty for research and education excellence
About the opportunity
The School of Electrical and Information Engineering at the University of Sydney is searching for faculty members at all ranks and in all areas of:
Nano Scale Engineering – Sensors, MEMS, electronics to nano-scale interfaces, nano-photonics, and photonic signal processing, etc. Power Engineering – Power Electronics, Control, Energy Systems, and Power Systems, etc. Communication systems Information Engineering Computer Engineering – VLSI, Devices, and Design Automations, etc.
The School seeks to increase the diversity of its faculty and encourages women to apply.
Successful candidates are expected to develop an independent research program, engage in collaborations within and outside the University, participate in both undergraduate and graduate teaching and curriculum development, and contribute to the working of the School and the University.
Candidates should submit a CV, a research statement and a teaching statement, and the names and email addresses of three references (for lecturer and senior lecturer positions) and six references (for associate and full professor positions).
Applications will be reviewed starting on November 15.
Term and Remuneration
Successful candidates will be offered a continuing (permanent) appointment, subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated depending on the level of appointment.
The School of Electrical and Information Engineering has a reputation for the quality of its graduates, innovation in its undergraduate curriculum and for the strength of its research and postgraduate teaching programs. Major research outcomes have been achieved in the fields of software, bio-electronics, computer engineering, photonics, power and telecommunication engineering.
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. The School of Electrical and Information Engineering has a strong and proud tradition in contributing to world class research and teaching in the fields of electrical and information engineering throughout its long history. Established in 1883, the School counts some of the most eminent Australian industry leaders and engineering professionals amongst its Alumni.
The School maintains a strong tradition of research-led teaching matched by a commitment to achieving highest level of excellence in research and innovation. It encourages cross-disciplinary initiatives and provides one of the world’s best research training programs.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1772/0819C to apply.
Closing date: 11.30pm 01 December 2019 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Academic Posts jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Tutors jobs in Sydney