Research Technician Assistant
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Full time research assistant position to direct remote data collection for longitudinal studies of children with agenesis of the corpus callosum.
- The position involves coordinating participant enrollment, overseeing administration of developmental surveys, administering standardized psychological interviews with parents via voice-over-ip or phone, coordinating acquisition of saliva samples through the mail, database management, and statistical analysis of study findings
- Must have a Masters Degree in psychology or another field involving studies of human development
- Must have experience providing clinical care to psychiatric and/or neurodevelopmental patients in an educational or psychological setting
- Must have completed coursework and have experience conducting psychological assessments, including test administration and interpretation
- Must have basic working knowledge of Qualtrics and tools for statistical analysis (Matlab, R, and/or SPSS)
- Must have completed coursework in statistical methods for social science research and have conducted statistical analyses for behavioral studies in psychology
- Must have completed CITI or NIH training for research with human subjects
- Experience working with a team of researchers to conduct studies with human subjects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both in person and in writing