Research Fellow, Geopolitics and Regionalism
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $99,809 – $113,165 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing (Contingent Funded)
- Opportunity to contribute to evidence-based policy and program development in and on the Pacific region through high-quality research
- World-class research environment
- Build relationships with stakeholders across research, government and development partner communities
The ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP) leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
The Department of Pacific Affairs (DPA) is a vibrant research unit, comprising over 20 academics and as many PhD students, situated in the Coral Bell School of Asia Pacific Affairs. DPA is the leading international centre for applied research on contemporary governance issues in the Pacific. In addition to its scholarly goals, DPA maintains a strong commitment to active engagement with policy communities in the region and Australia.
DPA is the lead partner in a consortium, with Australian National University’s Development Policy Centre and the Lowy Institute, managing the Pacific Research Program (PRP). Co-funded by DFAT and the consortium partners’ parent bodies, the PRP is designed to be a globally pre-eminent centre of excellence for research on the Pacific and to support research and communication capacity among Pacific Islander scholars.
Funded through the PRP, the Research Fellow will join DPA’s research program on Geopolitics and Regionalism and will work collegially with both academic and professional staff in that program and across DPA to contribute towards the achievement of research, educational and community engagement outcomes in accordance with the strategic goals of DPA and ANU more broadly.
This position will be offered on a continuing (contingent funded) basis, with an initial expected end date of 30 June 2021, with the possibility of extension.
For confidential enquiries, please contact Mr James Batley, T: +61 2 6125 0925 or E: James.Batley@anu.edu.au
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Position description: Research Fellow_Level B_Geopolitics and Regionalism_PD
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- One piece of published academic writing and one piece of policy relevant writing
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.