Quality Operations Manager, Special Scientist/Research Associate
7 days left
- Full Time
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
MOLECULAR MEDICINE RESEARCH CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Vacant position for a Quality Operations Manager for Sample and Data Management
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Contract for 3 years, with potential for renewal
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Molecular Medicine Research Center (MMRC) of the University of Cyprus has one opening for a Special Scientist (Research Associate), to serve as a Quality Operations Manager for Sample and Data Management, funded by the research program: Center of Excellence in Biomedical Research - Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY-Biobank)”, which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
- Development of a comprehensive quality management system for sample and data management of CY-Biobank, based on biobank relevant international standards, guidelines and best practices (http://www.bbmri-eric.eu/services/standardisation/)
- Assistance in and lead management of administrative and operational processes for the development of CY-Biobank
- Development and implementation of efficient quality assurance and quality control measures for both, sample and data management processes, of the CY-Biobank
- Coordination and preparation of quality relevant operational developments for the managing director of CY-Biobank
- Development and ongoing support of reporting systems
- Correspondence, preparation of presentations and documents for CY-Biobank
- Representation and cooperation of CY-Biobank in network projects (e.g. BBMRI-ERIC)
- Completed science degree (MSc) or comparable degree
- Good knowledge of quality management systems e.g. ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20387:2018 and other biobank relevant standards (http://www.bbmri-eric.eu/services/standardisation/)
- Laboratory experience would be beneficial
- Very good computer skills in the MS Office tools, and willingness to become familiar with document management and data analysis solutions
- Very good knowledge of Greek and English, spoken and written
- Professional experience, especially in the University environment
- Service orientation, sociability and teamwork
- High load capacity in stress situations and high operational readiness and reliability Independent, structured and careful way of working
We offer you an open and friendly working environment, a responsible job in a dedicated team and a challenging area of responsibility. Comprehensive continuing education offers your long-term personal development opportunities.
Terms of employment
The position will be for full-time employment with a 3-year contract, and potential for renewal. The monthly employer cost will be commensurate to qualifications and previous experience and ranges between €1,700 and €2,300. Employee and employer’s contributions shall be deducted from this amount. There is no provision for a 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
- A letter expressing interest to the position with a brief description of qualifications (1 page)
- A brief curriculum vitae with description of previous experience (2 pages)
- Contact details for at least two people qualified to provide recommendation for the candidate
- Certificates attesting to the very good knowledge of the Greek and English language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate or he/she is a graduate of a Greek/English school/University.
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to:
email@example.com at the latest until September 30, 2019.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas, Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy
The University of Cyprus aims to increase the proportion of women, especially in management positions, and therefore calls for qualified women to apply. With equal qualifications, women are given priority.
Apply for Quality Operations Manager, Special Scientist/Research Associate
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly