Lecturer Level B or Senior Lecturer Level C in Law
- Join a Law School with an inspiring culture of research, teaching and community engagement
- Build on current momentum and position Australian Catholic University (ACU) at the forefront of excellence in legal education
- Two full-time continuing positions based in North Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Thomas More Law School has a vibrant research culture with strengths in Human Rights and Commercial Law for Just Societies. Our learning and teaching culture is interactive and supportive, and our LLB is designed to produce graduates with the advanced knowledge, technical skills and graduate attributes required to address complex legal issues in an ethical and professional manner. We seek to foster law graduates who contribute to and advocate for human dignity and the common good.
About the Role:
The position is a Teaching and Research Academic role that will make a make significant contribution to all activities in the Law discipline through research, teaching and community engagement. As Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in the Thomas More Law School you will:
- contribute to high quality, innovative learning;
- contribute to world leading research;
- supervise post-graduate higher degree research students;
- engage with the wider community and profession on key issues relevant to the discipline;
- complete relevant leadership and administrative duties with a higher level of contribution to academic leadership at Senior Lecturer Level.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a PhD
- a strong track record of high-quality research in the discipline of Law
- a record of innovation and excellence in learning and teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
- demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively to contribute to the administrative functions of the School and the university;
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
ACU’s core values support inclusiveness, respect and the dignity of all persons in line with the University’s Mission. The University has received the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation since 2012 and offers staff entitlements and initiatives that support women and men to reach their potential.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the relevant position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $118,785 - $140,101 (AUD) pa, including salary component $100,375 - $118,510 (AUD) pa (Academic Level B), OR total remuneration valued to $148,590 – $161,325 (AUD) pa, including salary component $125,766 - $136,650 (Academic Level C), plus employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
To discuss this role further contact Professor Rocque Reynolds, Dean, Thomas More Law School +61399533640 or Rocque.Reynolds@acu.edu.au.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 12 September 2019 at 11:55 PM (AEST)