Research Officer/Assistant Research Officer in the Centre for Civil Society and Governance

Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
23 Aug 2019
End of advertisement period
16 Sep 2019
Academic Discipline
Social Sciences, Law
Contract Type
Fixed Term, Temporary
Full Time

The University of Hong Kong 's highest priorities are to create opportunities for the very best academic talents to excel and to advance human knowledge to the benefit of society. We serve the needs of Hong Kong, the wider region and the rest of the world.

Work type: Full-time
Department: Centre for Civil Society and Governance (30101)
Categories: Academic-related Staff

Applications are invited for appointment as Research Officer (holding the title of Project Manager)/Assistant Research Officer (holding the title of Assistant Project Manager) in the Centre for Civil Society and Governance (Ref.: 498466), to commence as soon as possible on one-year temporary basis, or on a two-year fixed-term, with the possibility of renewal.

Applicants should possess a Master’s or Ph.D. degree preferably in Social Science or a related discipline. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; the ability to work independently and as a team; strong leadership skills; and good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.  Those with project management experience in Social Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation, Community Commons, Tech-enabled Sharing, and/or teaching and curriculum development experience in executive or professional training are preferred.  Those with 5 years of relevant managerial and supervision experience may be considered for the post of Research Officer.

A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 15% of basic salary for fixed-term Research Officer and 10% of basic salary for fixed-term Assistant Research Officer. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable for fixed-term Research Officer.

The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V.  Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until September 16, 2019.