Assistant Professor- JSLH
Assistant Professor- JSLH
O.P. Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian University providing world class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India.
JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of 5000 students and 900 faculty and staff members representing more than 30 countries in eight multidisciplinary schools: Law, Business, International Affairs, Public Policy, Liberal Arts, Journalism, Art & Architecture and Banking & Finance.
JGU is the youngest university in the world ranked by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in Top 800 in the World and in Top 150 in the World (under 50 years of age).
JGU is recommended by the University Grants Commission for the “Institution of Eminence”
JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global curriculum, global collaborations, global research and global programmes.
The Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities (JSLH) is one of the foremost institutions for Liberal Arts Education in India. It is located in the New Delhi NCR, which is the capital of India. More details can be found here https://www.jgu.edu.in/public/JSLH.
JSLH is recruiting a faculty member with a specialization in International Business. The successful applicant will be expected to join in time for the Spring 2020.
As a component of the wider Liberal Arts infrastructure, International Business covers the increasingly important components needed to successfully participate in the global and cosmopolitan sphere of corporations, INGO’s and related interests operating transnationally. At JSLH, we intend to give specific attention to a broad overview of the undergraduate business curriculum. Specific attention will be drawn to the development of competencies in:
- Communication in English and foreign language acquisition.
- Knowledge of international finance and banking.
- Sensitivity to the cultural and social context of countries and regions.
- Knowledge of international government regulations pertaining to trade, human rights and ethics.
- Knowledge of organizational structure and management practices.
- Skill in IT research and communication.
The subject-specialist would be expected to offer the introductory course and some of the major course requirements that reflect his/her individual experience and/or intellectual specialization. Examples would include:
- Accounting Practice
- Global Economics
- International Marketin
- Global Business Strategy
- Global Business Operations
- Impact of the evolving technological environment on global business
- International Human Resource Management
- International Finance
These will map into pertinent interdisciplinary connections within the school including statistics, economics, history and political science.
In addition, the faculty would bring the following to the role:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Business, Management, Economics, or a related discipline;
- A proven record of teaching in a University environment, with an enthusiastic approach to teaching international business and the ability to interact with students in ways that will enhance the student experience;
- Teaching that reflects professional development and engagement with the relevant discipline;
- The ability to use technology for enhanced learning;
- Experience of proactively developing new teaching approaches and materials;
- Experience of providing mentoring support and guidance to students;
- Evidence of proactive and scholarly academic engagement in the relevant academic activity;
- The ability to work across disciplines, establishing effective working relationships;
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Demonstrable creativity and the ability to inspire others.
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive; commensurate with education and experience.
We offer university accommodation, health coverage, retirement benefits, research grants and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic programs and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community.
Submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th September 2019