Pro Vice-chancellor, International
International College of Manly, Sydney (ICMS) and its associated ICMS provider brands (International Sport College Australia, Aspire Institute and Aspire English) are located in Manly, Sydney CBD and Narrabeen. Our head office is located at our main campus in Manly and, with sweeping views over Manly Beach, offers a spectacular working location that would be hard to beat anywhere in the world.
Our mission is to provide students with an exceptional education and the much-valued skills set to gain a competitive edge and exceed industry expectations in today’s job market. That is why so many of our lecturers have extensive industry experience, and why industry training and a leadership program are integrated into our courses. By choosing to study at one of our institutions, students gain the practical, academic and professional experience they need to be career-ready by the day they graduate.
We also believe in empowering our staff through a commitment to their ongoing development. We like to see our staff grab hold of opportunities for personal expansion and growth in multiple facets of career life. There are opportunities for increased responsibility and leadership through a variety of different avenues.
About the role
PVC (International) is a senior role with responsibility for driving international student recruitment and outcomes across all brands. The PVC offers leadership consistent with the organisation’s vision and strategic goals in the key areas of partner engagement, international collaboration, institutional academic mapping/ alignment through the regulatory framework and curriculum innovations.
In collaboration with the International Development team the PVC will develop, implement and report on institutional strategies. This role reports to the COO with a dotted line to the DVC (Learning and Teaching).
- Drive the institution to achieve the desired level of constructive culture detailed in the Strategic Plan.
- Drive the international strategy and implementation in collaboration with the International Development team.
- Provide analysis of existing institutional relationships to establish quality of partner and students, nature of collaboration, outcomes, strategic fit, alignment with current and emerging educational programs, geographical distribution and discipline (program) distribution.
- Review process for initiating and monitoring proposed and existing international agreements; making recommendations on establishment, continuation or discontinuation.
- Develop WIL and graduate employment opportunities with international alumni and professional/community groups.
- Identify potential mobility sponsors from business community and international/domestic alumni.
- Identify opportunities for classroom collaboration between local students and students from targeted overseas partner institutions.
- Develop an ‘ICMS International Passport’ as a badge for the graduate capability.
- Ensure the institution is operating with the highest quality and integrity including compliance to regulatory standards set by governing bodies such as TEQSA, ASQA and DHA.
To be successful in applying for this role, you should have:
- A track record of management and leadership in international contexts in business and management, research/scholarship, operational management
- Experience and knowledge of accreditation processes such as TEQSA, CRICOS & NEAS
- A demonstrable capacity for innovation and scholarship in educational contexts
- A capacity to operate in multi-disciplinary and inter-departmental teams
- Excellent verbal, presentation, documentation skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, can work with minimal supervision and maintain performance under pressure
- A doctoral level qualification (PHD, EdD, DBA). Preferably relevant to international development in higher education
- Evidence of a significant publication record in business, management, higher education and internationalisation (highly valued but not essential)
How to apply
Should you be keen to apply for this role, please submit an application in the form of a cover letter and CV addressing the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th September 2019.