Student Accommodation Officer
Application closing date: 28/08/2019
Salary: 26,715-£31,865 (Grade 4)
Package: plus excellent benefits
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an Accommodation Officer to join our Accommodation team. This is a Maternity cover is initially for 9 months, with the possibility for extension to 1 year.
Edinburgh Napier currently accommodates 1240 students within three sites around Edinburgh city centre. Our accommodation is affordable, modern and supported by a dedicated team of University staff.
The Property & Facilities Team delivers a first class service to over 1,500 staff and nearly 19,000 students. The department's focus is on managing the University's key facilities, including estates and buildings, energy and sustainability, security, cleaning, logistics, print room, sports centre, catering services, conference management and student accommodation. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a team who are at the heart of the university.
The role of Accommodation Officer is to manage and administer a student accommodation portfolio with particular reference to fire regulations, Health and Safety Regulations, Equality Act 2010 and Houses in Multiple occupation (HMO) regulations.
This role provides front-line advice and assistance to new and existing student tenants on the full range of issues relating to student accommodation - such as tenancy and repairs issues, rent and arrears information, allocation procedures, inter-flat issues, private sector advice. To provide a sensitive and confidential service across a wide range of issues and refer students on as necessary to other specialist advisors.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to join a customer-focused team where no two days are the same.
Who we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate extensive and relevant recent experience working in an operational, property management position with front line direct customer contact experience.
- You will have the ability to apply detailed and strict guidelines at an operational level, e.g. checking and monitoring flats, managing student behaviour, dealing with neighbour complaints.
- It is essential that you will have experience in managing a team of people, as in this role you will be responsible for monitoring the Resident Assistants, 'on call' rota's, flat visits and assist with performance reviews and My Contribution meetings as per Edinburgh Napier policy.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to work effectively with a wide range of people and deliver excellent customer service for the students whilst upholding Edinburgh Napier's values and behaviours
- Confidence to multi task in a fast moving and busy working environment
- Ability to work proactively, demonstrating initiative and a hands on approach to problem solving
- An understanding of current student welfare and wellbeing issues and the role of accommodation in supporting them
- Appropriate housing/facilities management qualification
- Knowledge of relevant housing legislation
- Knowledge of tenancy management systems (such as Kinnetics)
To know more about this exciting opportunity please click here to view the role profile.
Benefits we offer
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package. This includes a minimum of 36 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, professional development opportunities, discounted access to onsite sports facilities and a wide range of other staff discounts
Salary: GBP 26,715- GBP 31,865 (Grade 4)
Closing date: Wednesday 28th August 2019 (midnight GMT)
Interviews are expected to be held Week commencing 9th September 2019
The University is committed to inclusion, demonstrated through our work in respect of our diversity awards and accreditations (Advance HE's Athena SWAN Charter) and holds Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champion status. More details can be found here.