Independent Fellow in Quantitative Biology
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
We are looking for independent postdoctoral fellows to work at the interface between the life and mathematical sciences as part of Harvard’s Initiative in Quantitative Biology and its NSF/Simons Center for the Mathematical and Statistical Analysis of Biology.
Funds from the Simons Foundation will support the fellow for three years. If their work is theoretical or computational, fellows can work fully independently, whereas if their work has an experimental component it will be located in the labs of one of the 21 faculty who are associated with the grant. We are especially interested in those whose graduate training is in mathematics and statistics and are interested in applying their knowledge and creativity to biological problems. These positions will be funded for 3 years. The program seeks to appoint researchers who have completed a Ph.D. within 18 months of their appointment. The appointment is expected to begin on or after January 1, 2020. This application is now open until filled.
A short list of candidates will be invited to present their work at a symposium and interview on October 8 and 9, 2019.
Ph.D. (preferably in mathematics/statistics) obtained within the last 18 months.
Finalist will be required to attend a two day symposium and interview, October 8-9, 2019
Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal (up to 5 pages)
- Summary of previous research
- accomplishments (2 page limit) uploaded under the “Other” documents section.
- PDF’s of 3 of your publications
- During the application process, you will be asked to give the names and
- e-mail addresses of at least three referees who will be contacted
- automatically with a request to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidates’ application has been submitted. Please allow at least 1 week for your referees to upload their letters.
- References must be received by the deadline. Please note, the application is considered complete only when at least three letters have been received.
All files must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Formatting of all documents should be in 11 point font, single spaced, with one inch margins.
For further questions about the fellow search, please contact Christopher Doty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Coordinator for the Quantitative Biology Initiative
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.