Department: Materials Management Department
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: 08 September 2019
Summary of Position
Under the supervision of the Materials Management Manager in collaboration with the relevant staff of the UCA departments and units, the Procurement Intern shall support all aspects of procurement and materials management activities within UCA Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan including planning, order placement, vendor selection, purchase and delivery, inventory control, material handling and logistics, in compliance with specifications established by UCA and by relevant regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Intern will assist in some of these exciting and challenging tasks and as a consequence have a greater understanding and knowing Materials Management process and procedures.
- Handle procurement requests within Bishkek city
- To participate to the finalizing of the statement of requirements.
- Preparation of bidder lists.
- Review orders and create requisitions for purchased items, manage approval process
- Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists
- Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders
- Prepare Release of Payments along with supportive documents
- Follow-up payment execution process
- Substitute MMD colleagues while they are on leave.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to work in a start-up environment, under a tremendous amount of uncertainty and stress, being able to feel, appreciate and use the drive of the team is a must;
- Proven ability to solve problems, especially in the context of conflicting or absent regulations;
- Action and results-orientated; honest and trustworthy; strong work ethic and diligent performer; ability to work cooperatively across an organization with many levels of staff and leadership;
- Attention to detail; sensitivity to various organizational interests; diplomacy;
- Self-confidence; resourcefulness; and organizational skills and savvy;
- Ability to maintain composure, dignity, and a sense of humor while creatively and effectively functioning in a work atmosphere of continuously shifting sands and numerous equally important deadlines;
- Intermediate command of written and spoken English is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Russian/Kyrgyz/Kazakh/Tajik is added value.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e. Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for this position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8th 2019. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Procurement Intern”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.