Supercomputing Applications Specialist
- Full Time
- Be part of a highly skilled team of professional specialists and developers.
- Support the supercomputing needs of priority research areas.
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science & technology research organisation!
The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre situated in Perth, Western Australia is a national world-class supercomputing and high volume data storage facility operating petascale compute and associated storage infrastructure. The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre represents a AU$150 million investment by the Australian Federal Government, and is an unincorporated joint venture of the CSIRO, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University and the University of Western Australia, supported by funding from the Western Australian and Federal government. As lead agent for the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, the CSIRO employs Pawsey Supercomputing Centre staff.
Pawsey’s Supercomputing Team is responsible for providing the infrastructure to fulfil the needs of the Australian research community and to engage with that community to make best use of the infrastructure. You will be part of this highly skilled team of professional specialists and developers, will work collaboratively with researchers to assist them in exploiting the vast opportunities afforded by the infrastructure operated in the Pawsey centre. You will support the supercomputing needs of priority research areas such as radio astronomy and energy & resources.
Your duties will include
- Provide specialist advice and software enhancement to research groups, drawing on extensive expert knowledge and experience to enable their utilisation at scale of significant supercomputing resources at Pawsey.
- Engage with new researchers, communities and disciplines with supercomputing and data-intensive computing (in conjunction with the Pawsey Data and Visualisation teams).
- Assist research groups to integrate highly parallel codes into their workflows.
- Undertake technical assessment of applications for computational resources through merit allocation schemes.
How to apply
Please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Perth%2C-WA-Supercomputing-Applications-Specialist/583844600/
by 11.59pm AEST, Sunday 22nd September, 2019.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.