- Full Time
Salary £35,403 - £41,651 per annum
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
Working closely with the Academic Director and wider Academic Leadership Team, in this role you will coordinate the development and delivery of an operational plan to deliver SRUC’s academic strategy. This includes the identification and implementation of the necessary resources, polices and processes to support this and enable the critical analysis of activities against KPIs associated with the academic strategy.
Duties will include:
Strategic Support to the Academic Leadership Team
- Supporting the development and delivery of an operational plan to deliver SRUC’s academic strategy, including the coordination of work streams, associated resources, project management and monitoring KPIs.
- Project managing the academic strategy operational plan to ensure that is managed in line with SRUC’s annual cycle of business, and the need to maintain flexibility and adaptability in line with SRUC activity.
- Mapping and describing learner journeys for FE and HE students in the rural and land-based industries and associated aspects of food and drink in Scotland both within SRUC and with other providers.
Support to the Academic Director
- Providing comprehensive general project management support to the Academic Director.
- Drafting reports and papers for the Academic Director for both internal and external audiences.
- Liaising on behalf of the Academic Director with relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- Specification and procurement of equipment and resources to deliver academic strategy.
- Representing the Academic Director as and when required at meetings and as a first point of contact as appropriate to the role.
Essential Qualifications Required
- Educated to degree level
Desirable Qualifications Required
- Postgraduate and/or professional studies and hold membership of a professional body within the sector.
- Significant proven managerial level experience working within an academic setting, preferably with a sound understanding of the Scottish higher and further education regulatory frameworks and be able to demonstrate experience of development within a further/higher education institution.
- Experience of dealing with customers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of drafting briefing documents and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of setting and achieving budgetary targets within a constrained resourcing environment, and of using resources effectively.
- Significant project management experience.
- Knowledge of the UK research, FE and HE systems.
- Willing to identify and learn new approaches to business administration.
- Possess a flexible attitude and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels including senior management to secure joint positive outcomes.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Ideally this role will be based in the Peter Wilson Building at King’s Buildings, Edinburgh however, consideration for flexibility may be afforded to the appropriate candidate. A small amount of travel may be required to support the requirements of the role.
Please download and read the following information before proceeding with your application:
To apply for this role, please click APPLY.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted without a completed application form.
SRUC Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education & Consultancy.
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the “Disability Confident Employer” symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC A Charitable company limited by guarantee SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Closing date 03/09/19