Manager, Data Center Section
2 days left
- Full Time
- The Manager Data Center will provide day-to-day operations oversight and management of all UAEU data centers.
- Provide ongoing technical and leadership expertise including growth and scalability requirements.
- Develop and implement a highly optimized data center strategy that can support the rapidly growing needs of educational research.
- In support of the change management within the data center, sets the example in providing the Help Desk with high quality documentation on all enterprise Windows, Storage and UNIX systems.
- Define and track appropriate metrics for production health.
- Drive a continuous improvement process, including postmortem reviews after production issues.
- Provides leadership in the management and updating of all enterprise services running on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Track and manage team member productivity through metrics reporting and ticket review.
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management.
- Coordinates with vendors for support.
- Generates, develops and distributes statistical reports for upper management.
- Assists in server specifications, procurement, installation, administration and maintenance.
- Tests and deploys new enterprise servers and services.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining UAEU Disaster Recovery site.
- Maintain and test a disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science.
- 5-7 years’ experience in working in a high-availability, production environment, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Expert knowledge of MS Windows Servers, Active Directory and Exchange Servers required.
- Knowledge of Linux and UNIX based OS is required.
- Good practical knowledge of SAN planning and deployment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge about IT Service management life cycle and IT Governance policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 11000 to 23000 AED