Responsible for designing; coding, testing, debugging and documenting in-house developed or purchased applications. Involvement in all the development lifecycle phases as required. Responsible to provide post-go live support.
- Work with the IT Coordinators or independent to support requirements gathering and analysis. This process encompasses studying and defining the business requirements and prioritization of features and functions of new or existing systems.
- Application coding as set in the approved requirement specifications document by the customer.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve all applications related issues.
- Support change management process in UITS and code documentation.
- Adhere to best practices in software development and provide the same assistance to other programmers as required.
- Translate flow charts, problem statements, and specifications into programming languages.
- Carry out specifications design that includes translating users’ business requirements into a technical solution (functional and interface design).
- Sets up and supports all software testing.
- Assists in the release control process by supporting the systems administration team in the move of code from testing to production environment after completion and sign off on UAT.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of relevant core programming experience in an enterprise environment.
- Strong programming knowledge of .NET, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, and Java.
- Experience with Oracle Developer (Forms and Reports).
- Ability to work effectively independently, and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering methodologies and techniques based on best practices.
- Knowledge of modular design and development practices. • Application performance tuning techniques.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Oracle certification and knowledge of Banner ERP applications will be an advantage.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department IT Support Service Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED