Developer, Web Services
The position involves supporting the ongoing development and management of UAEU websites, portal and the development of custom web applications. The Web Application Developer will also be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance to others as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain templates, layouts and Cascading Style Sheets.
- Responsible for web application design and development.
- Responsible to provide post go-live support for web applications.
- Adhere to web development best practices.
- Prepare test plans for web applications for UAT.
- Document all web applications including user and technical guides.
- Support system administrators and database administrator while moving web applications from test to production through change management process.
- Make recommendations for improving web development process as deemed necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Technical Skills required
- Proven working experience in creating database driven websites.
- Working knowledge of other server side languages and client side languages like PHP, JSP, XML, SQL and Java.
- Proven experience in using industry standard web development tools.
- Knowledge of using graphics design software like Photoshop and Flash will be a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in web development in an enterprise environment.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Enterprise Applications& Integ.Sec.
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED