Research Technician, Assistant
- Full Time
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The candidate must have a physics bachelors degree and be well-versed in quantum mechanics, statistical physics, field theory, and solid-state physics. He/she will conduct theoretical research aimed at developing a roadmap towards topological quantum computing with spin liquids and other exotic phases of matter. The research will specifically explore new practical schemes for trapping and detecting non-Abelian anyons in such systems using a variety of techniques (exact diagonalization, effective field theory, perturbation theory, etc.).
- Scientific discussions with colleagues, analytical and numerical calculations, preparation of talks for scientific conferences, and manuscript preparation
- Bachelor’s degree in physics
- Prior research experience in condensed matter theory research
- Familiarity with topological phases and novel critical points
- Prior research experience in areas highlighted in the job summary.
- Cover Letter