Senior Lecturer in Environmental Health
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Hobart
- Advance research and scholarship in environmental health, attract and supervise higher degree research students and build environmental health research capacity in Tasmania.
The College of Health and Medicine (CHM) brings together five key entities: the School of Health Sciences, the School of Nursing, the School of Medicine, Menzies Institute for Medical Research and the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre. This structure enables the University of Tasmania to boost health and medical research performance, deliver evidence-based learning and practice, and transform health outcomes for the Tasmanian community.
Reporting to the Professor of Public Health and Health Services Education, you will take academic leadership and course coordination responsibilities to develop, coordinate and quality assure the environmental health course and related units and lead professional engagement with the profession.
- Make a substantial and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives and fulfilling its operational responsibilities.
- Undertake high-quality research that enhances public health, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion, in order to meet and regularly exceed the University’s research performance expectations for Level C.
- Undertake scholarly postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality and provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in the discipline.
- Provide academic leadership, particularly in building teams and fostering outstanding research and/or learning and teaching, and increasingly in supporting the career development of more junior staff.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally, nationally and internationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD or equivalent in environmental health.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated achievement in leading University-level environmental health teaching and learning.
- Extensive professional experience in environmental health practice and environmental health professional course accreditation.
- A track record and continuing commitment to environmental health research that enhances public health, demonstrated by a strong record of publications, presentations at conferences and success in securing external competitive and other funding.
- A demonstrated capacity to build and maintain effective and productive links locally, nationally and internationally with the discipline, profession, industry and wider community.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level C and will have a total remuneration package of up to $158,046 comprising base salary within the range of $118,946 to $135,082 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria
- For further information about this position, please contact Roger Hughes, Professor Public Health & Health Services Education, Roger.Hughes@utas.edu.au or 03 6226 4884.
- Please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying2 for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday, 30 September 2019, 11:55 pm