Customer Service Representative
Location : Manchester St James's
Closing Date : 02/09/2019
Salary : Competitive
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Commercial - Student Management Centre
At BPP, we exist to build careers through education.
We work closely with employers and professional bodies to make our learning as real world, relevant and future facing as possible. We do it for the biggest names and we do it in specialist areas. That includes law, accountancy, financial services, nursing, technology and more. And it covers a range of qualifications to develop careers at every stage and every level of development.
We believe in progress for everyone. For learners who want to develop, business partners that strive for growth and our employees; the driving force behind our operation.
Working at BPP, you are joining a community of committed, passionate and self-determined people. As a business, and in our individual teams, we support each other encourage new ideas and aim for excellence in all that we do.
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
You’re a fixer. You make things happen and put smiles on faces. You’ll be helping our students get the answers and information they need to learn, develop and progress. From exam times and course deadlines, to bookings and payments, you’re an oracle of epic proportions. If you went on Mastermind, your specialist subject would be BPP.
You’ll be providing friendly and professional support to BPP customers via telephone and email. Your days will be fast-paced and busy. But you’ll have a team around you, all working together on one common goal: delighting customers with the information they need.
Your main responsibilities:
- Working cooperatively, flexibly and effectively on your own and as part of a team, delivering support that meets BPP customer service standards.
- Consistently providing a high-quality service to all customers.
- Acting as first point of contact for students and customers, taking calls and emails, and if needed making outbound calls. All with the goal of customer satisfaction and retention, while meeting BPP customer service call handling standards.
- Processing customer transactions using BPP’s internal booking systems, within agreed SLAs.
- Being empathic to individual customer requirements and emotional states, while ensuring customer requests on process change, fulfilment and payment are handled firmly and sensitively.
- Keeping up to date with any changes to BPP’s products/services or processes/procedures which affect the customer service operation.
- Being flexible and adaptable, in order to effectively support and contribute to developments and improvements within the customer service team and student management centre.
SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- IT literate and competent using databases, spreadsheets and email
- Experience of working cooperatively, flexibly and effectively, as part of a team and be able to demonstrate individual accountability
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with customers and external enquirers
- Previous customer service experience handling a high volume of calls
- Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to multi task, work quickly and calmly under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail
- Positive, responsive and approachable attitude to conflicting customer demands
- Ability to absorb, retain and deliver information in order to best advise our customers
- A genuine interest in helping customers and providing an excellent customer experience